GreaseSpot Cafe

Mommy dearest

cheranne

Let that b*tch live in Iran for a few weeks, and then let her come back and say that it's not OK to be an atheist.

Why do I put it that way?

Because in Iran, they KILL atheists, and for no better f***ing reason for being an atheist. :realmad: And you know what? They would kill her too. ... For being a Christian American! :ph34r:

But folks like you don't stop and think about _that_ one do you? ... Or maybe you do, but don't give a rat's patootie if that crap happens to an atheist. ... Right?

Yes Virginia, it IS ok to be an atheist!

((steaming))

(Love Catholic mothers, my arse!) :angry:

Note to moderators: Before you give this post the axe because of the, ummm 'spiceyness' of my words, stop and think about _why_ I would express it this way. I mean, what if it were an atheist mother giving her newly converted son this kind of hell, hmmmm? How many of the Christians here on this board would react much like I am now? ... And would hand you your arse if you banned their outraged responses?

Just something to evaluate before you press the Big Red "Delete" button.

IMO that video goes way, WAY beyond the religion/atheist thing.

I don't mean to minimize your point Garth, but that was abuse - plain and simple. verbal, emotional and possibly even physical abuse.

To see one person do that to another is awful. To see a mother treat her son that way is horrifying and disgusting.

I wonder who was filming that and why. You'd think the other family members wouldn't want that "conversation" filmed.

I think this video is pretty scary. About a month ago, I realized I was an agnostic and while I don't think my parents would act like that, I'm scared to tell them. There is a lot of intolerance of nonreligious people in this country.

i'm sorry kenwas. really. i was looking at it from -- i mean, it's not funny at all if it's real

please accept my apology

Oh, I wasn't offended by anyone thinking the videos were funny. I just felt really sorry for this young man and others in situations like that.

Being raised in a very strict catholic family,catholic school nuns and all ,I remember being very disaplined

and never ever too shame our family ,never to question God or the Catholic church,alot of respect and

reverence all the time especially in church .

When I discovered TWI ,my family flipped out (as most did)later on I never went back to the Catholic church

and tried Baptist, Pentecostal and Non denominational.

When visiting my family with my young children, my mother was driving down the road with us and the subject came up about "saints" even though I was out of TWI I didn't pray to saint and told her simply that in our

family we don't pray to the saint we pray to Jesus Christ.

Well.....she hit the breaks on the car and I thought we wrecked or something :unsure: and she just went

off to a point I thought she was gonna have a heart attack!!! Gez Louise kinda freaked out my kids too.

:( But that is my catholic mom,and she means well...God love her.

Her only two children one joined a cult and went away and the other is into wicca.

However with all that being said I still like Catholics and love my family very much,in the spanish culture

it is just a big part of our lifestyle.

So....that is my story :wave: