GreaseSpot Cafe

Creating a Sustainable Resource Economy

Seth R.

From the second video...

It's actually less expensive in the long run to build newer cities from the ground up than to restore and maintain old ones

Seth, are you even listening to this stuff before you post it?

The above statement is absolutely absurd. Do you know how much it costs to do something as simple as install a sewer pipe underground? I do. Six hundred dollars per foot. Yeah. And you want to build whole new cities from the ground up.

I challenge you to produce a rigorous financial analysis, including cost of money, of the above statement. If you can't, then maybe you ought to stop posting these deceptive videos.

Edited by Jim

From the second video...

Seth, are you even listening to this stuff before you post it?

The above statement is absolutely absurd. Do you know how much it costs to do something as simple as install a sewer pipe underground? I do. Six hundred dollars per foot. Yeah. And you want to build whole new cities from the ground up.

I challenge you to produce a rigorous financial analysis, including cost of money, of the above statement. If you can't, then maybe you ought to stop posting these deceptive videos.

Jim I do listen, and very deeply, and I understand this, if you would go on the premise that the technology exists today to do everything thing that is talked about in these videos, and money is not a factor because we shifted to a resource based economy. Then the question needs to be asked, why aren't we doing it, or more to the point what's stopping us or blocking us as a society from doing it?

The monetary system is what is stopping us, money makes everything scarce because without money you can't buy the resources needed to do the job.

What if we as a society said, let's get rid of the money system, which is truly what is misleading here, not the videos. So we get rid of the money system, and say everyone who has technology that can get the job done will be provided for, free food, housing, clothing, and the necessities of life. With all those things taken care of then we will be free to build a world of our dreams. Then we only need to become a resource based economy, where we say to the people we need the resources from you can have any of our resources and they in turn say agreed you can have any of our resources. All we need is people inspired to do it. The world is full of technicians who currently work for money to pay their bills, but who if they knew their families and houses were safe, because they don't have to pay for things, they knew that any food they need is provided they would still work at the job, and maybe better.

You see it takes vision to see the full potential of humans, and it will take a re-engineering of our culture, economy and education in order for this to happen. It takes real vision to make the Quantum leap into a way of life that is so alien to what we have right now that it looks like science fiction.

What we need is a system that frees people from the mundane work-a-day world of 9 to 5 and make all repetitive work automated, reduce the work day and work week, give people all that they need to live well, take personal profit motive out of it.

See it seems you are like most people, you believe that the current system is the only way it can be done, barter and trade is a concept that is thousands of years old, and served a purpose at one time, when there were less people and the technology to find and harvest or mine resources and manufacture goods and ship those goods and resources was not like it is today. The current system should have died 30 years ago, but here we are limping along on and antiquated unsustainable system. A system based on scarcity, and economic debt, rather then abundance and truly FREE trade.

If resources cost nothing except to go to the place and get them then everyone who had an idea and a desire to make something could do it, no doubt, no worry about can I afford it, just do it. No more scarcity, because who ever needs anything can get it, no strings no debts no worries.

We have systems today that can automate anything, burger king could totally automate their restaurants, you plug in what you want and the machine cranks it out. There are millions of people in this country alone who if given an unlimited supply of hardware and shop equipment would build anything they needed, and for their friends and so on. What limits us is the artificial scarcity created by the monetary system.

Money, politics, military, laws these are all now obsolete, and either people like you are going to have to wake up to that fact, or we go into a global civil war and another dark ages or make the long over due quantum leap into what man has evolved to be. Free

Now back to your point, if underground sewer pipe cost no money, only the resources to build it which are only dependent on the time it takes to get the materials and the people and the machines to do it.

I ask you is it so absurd? Financial analysis is not needed because money is not a factor in a resource based economy and the only thing that is deceptive is the current system of money, politics, military and scarcity. We live on a planet of abundance, if managed correctly and used wisely.

Peace,

Seth

Edited by Seth R.