GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bottomless Pit

Revelation 20:3 KJV

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up , and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Comment: What is a bottomless pit?

One of my long suits I like to believe is geometry, so this pit has me naturally intrigued because I do not just think of it as a source of "fear" but I tend to have the propensity to visualize it and survey its design.

My first thought is a “clay pit".

Clay pits are where potters in antiquity would get their raw materials to make their clay pots/vessels/figurines/and “stone tablets for writing”, these stone tablets are often baked in the "sun" (another circular image). (crowns worn on the head are also circular)

Immediately I then relate the endless writing of humans as the “bottomless pit”.

So to really state it in its simplest way, from the clay pit came endless discourse.

Clay pits are usually round, they are fissures in the earth so their geometric shape do indeed have a bottom or else they would jut out of the other side of the earth. So we can learn from a clay pit also that they never come square (rarely things in nature do) they always naturally occur as circular or linear, well, “pits”… Pits are usually round and circular.

So what was cast into the pit?

Zero…

This is my theory…

From back to the beginning of civilized thought (6 thousand years ago) zero was the greatest secret.

Zero was the unspeakable name and number of God

Zero was only known by the most high priests of a globally secret order of monotheists/pagans etc.

Thus everything these priests did culturally contained this zero... but HIDDEN within.

Hidden covering the bottomless pit and "shut up".

For zero is not only hidden but it also represents silence. To be “shut up” is to have zero say in a matter.

The “seal” which is also connected to the circular ring which there is also zero (a ring) concealed behind a symbol or seal on the face of the ring (where the two ages meet). Three times zero is inferred in this scripture without actually mentioning it.

It is apparent the writers of the old testament understood zero yet never voiced it other than in mystical figures of speech.

And this knowledge of zero became LOST…

So has zero been found again? Is this the season of zero?

Is zero still shut up? When will zero speak? When will the clay rise up out of the pit and begin to reveal what is unspoken within zero?

Consider that zero (including writing and art) was completely hidden for about a thousand years during the “dark ages”.

Zero was the gateway to what we today refer to as higher learning. Zero is also the first binary number which makes computer logic possible.

Consider also... have you ever tried to multiply large numbers in roman numerals? It is nearly impossible.

Zero is the seed of all numbers as clay was the seed of all written words.

I am not saying that this is really what this verse means nor am I trying to make any apocalyptic pronouncement.

I am just saying that if so we can marvel at the name of God and know that God is zero where for many ages past this was hidden in the bottomless pit.

So a pit that has no bottom does still have a top, so the top is zero and it counts on down into the pit into infinity. This is the season of Zero.

Peace with Zero

Edited by DrWearWord