GreaseSpot Cafe

"You'll be a grease spot by midnight"

Twinky

god, what a nut job. it seems like I was living a different life, to even stay in the room and listen to that crap.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It's definitely not something I look back on and feel proud about. If someone were to say something like that in my presence now, I would do something about it. But then again, I no longer associate with those kind of nut jobs so things like that don't come up anymore.

From Nottawayfer: (Quite honestly, I'm surprised the whack job didn't spew off about the blind girl who came to the STS faithfully with her black lab seeing eye dog.)

I hope nobody ever got to her and that she is OK.

My first exposure to "You'll be a grease spot by midnight" was here on this forum. We had quit going after an adultery between 2 families had driven one of the spouses to suicide - leaving 2 families devastated. We were done with all the craziness and had been attending a regular church.

One day a letter arrived from LCM - not a personal letter, but one of those missives after the great exodus of 1987. He was ranting about homosexuals - maybe something else, but I remember the homosexual thing most. I tended to think he was a bit of a ranter anyway compared to VPW, but this was way too much. I don't remember how I did it - whether I called or wrote, but I asked to be removed from any future mailings. Even though I had tuned out much of what I felt was intrusion over the years, I just didn't need to hear it any more to tune it out.