GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Book

Shellon

I thought I would add one more thought

I believe that many times we as Christians fall into a trap of thinking forgiveness equals acting like the sin never happened. but really that is not what forgiveness is, and in this case they have given a predator the privilege of harming their own children.

• Upvote 1

I thought I would add one more thought

I believe that many times we as Christians fall into a trap of thinking forgiveness equals acting like the sin never happened. but really that is not what forgiveness is, and in this case they have given a predator the privilege of harming their own children.

Amazing how that works. Actually, that still small voice often tells you that it's not a good idea to act as though it never happened (particularly when the forgive-e is unrepentant), but someone else who wasn't at the receiving end seems to think you should.

Sometimes when the wayfers or any other group's followers boldly and aggresively shove their supposed forgiveness in my face while still unrepentant stirs up a little emotion. Sometimes it is sorrow for them, sometimes it is frustration and anger.

But having been a wayfer once it is painful to recall the times that I did the very same thing while deceiving myself into thinking that claiming my forgiveness was independent of having a real change of heart because of some of the TWI doctrines and practises mixed in with my own human failings......sigh.

(edited for grammar and clarity)

Edited by JeffSjo
  • Upvote 1

And a person who is going to cheat doesn't do it for love it is a selfish act and they justify it in their own head. it has absolutely nothing to do with not getting it at home.

I agree. That's not even in the equation, imo.Let's see...where did we learn that it was?????

When we marry, we take vows. Any vow our spouse breaks does not negate vows that we took.