GreaseSpot Cafe

It's All Coming Back To Me Now

Shellon

Since the internet is the powerful thing that it has become and for some, the only medium of communication with most beyond our own safe and comfy existing, I'm thinking how much of a good tool it is/can be. For me I just have to keep my fingers out of the way of the hammer.

I'm a realist, no getting around that and I'd just as soon deal with fact straight up and head on and get it out there and dealt with. However, having said that when someone in a website I frequent (yes maybe even this one) says something that triggers something in me, it can be even more powerful.

If I'm wandering around my fave parenting site and read an article another parent writes that reminds me of something or someone I haven't considered in years or longer, it can be very startling.

Then I have a decision to make don't I? If it's a person I'm triggered into remembering, I can then either enjoy the memory as one of fondness or remember him/her as the douchenozzle they were.

Can I say nozzle here?

It's not always and necessarily a bad memory and I'm not without belief that it could even be good to dredge up some old crusty cobwebs from time to time.

I attended a hypnosis gig once and while I was but an audience member, thankfully, it did cause me to ask, silently lest I be noticed and invited, does that stuff really work?

If you ring a bell or the chicken clucks, is it possible that it could invoke in another something distasteful, painful or even funny? Is it fair to say "you reminded me, damn you" or do we simply accept that it's going to happen and therein have to decide what to do with it?

• Upvote 2

... douchenozzle they were.

Can I say nozzle here?

-snip-

As a matter of fact, yes, you can say nozzle here. Not only that, you can say douche chills (as defined by an urban dictionary I found online), douchebag, douchey, all sorts of douch-abilities!!!

And wait!!!

There's more!!!

You can actually get these definitions on a mug! No kiddin, eh - I wouldn't douche ya!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.urbandict...m=douche+chills

douche chills 94 up, 20 downthumbsup.gif?1255420024thumbsdown.gif?1255420024

The intense feeling, very similar to a shiver up your spine, that can be invoked simply from being in the presence of a douche bag. Usually triggered by a specific douchey act or statement.

Here's more from the same wonderful site!!!

douche chills 32 up, 15 downthumbsup.gif?1255420024thumbsdown.gif?1255420024

Originally from the Howard Stern Show in the 1980s, when Robin described friends of hers experiencing a shiver while cleansing their vaginal palette. Howard generalized this to mean a kind of overload of the senses. This first episode was re-aired on the "History of Howard Stern" broadcast during the last week of 2008. Hearing someone else get credit for that term just gives me douche chills.

douche chills 3 up, 3 downthumbsup.gif?1255420024thumbsdown.gif?1255420024

the chills you receive when someone is acting like a TOTAL douche. the only cure is to destroy said persons babymaker and put them in their place. im gettin some serious douche chills from you.

i couldnt handle the douche chills 24/7 so i broke up with him.

he gave us all serious douche chills so we destroyed his babymaker and hes aight now.

douche chills 14 up, 36 downthumbsup.gif?1255420024thumbsdown.gif?1255420024

A 2008 expansion team in the La Resistance Football League. Wow, the Douche Chills are so good this year, they give me douche chills.

Okay, I'm done. For now.

Oh, and yes, I get your initial point. Same thing happens to me sometimes. I get really surprised at what people think they need to post on the world wide web for all to see... Makes me wanna stop posting altogether. Well, almost. LOL

Edited by bowtwi
  • Upvote 1

Box, you mentioned your surprise at what some are allowed to put on the internet anymore (put into my own words) and while that was part of what I'm talking about, I'm more speaking of how it hits us in our own lives when we read something that reminds us of something we'd forgotten, would just as soon forget, something painful, something hidden in the dark and deep crevices of our mind, so on.

I understand that sometimes it can be good to have any or all of that re-surface, healthy even. Except for those that might not want to have their own personal scab ripped off with no fair warning.

"Then don't turn on a computer" right?

I understand that this site has been cathartic for many and I love that about it; it's brought out from behind the veil of secret alot of necessary secrets and subjects that are past due for discussion.

I wonder if as human beings we might adopt for our own lives a "don't ask, don't tell" stance? Is that even possible. Is that another scab we've built from years of abuse at the hand(s) of a minister, someone with a title, a parent, an abuser.

Then s/he reads something somewhere and the flood gates open up on their head with the pain and terror and whatever else has been stuffed spills forth.

In the case of exposing some things with the goal of understanding further or even better gaining understanding for ourselves, then it's possibly a good spilling.

Like most, I think, I want to choose and I no way suggest that it's ok for me to purposely trigger something for you, not in this medium of communication, certainly.