GreaseSpot Cafe

IT WASN'T STOPPED THEN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

JeffSjo

Between leadership that was heading it's own hypercontroling splinter group direction and my disbelief of the one and only woman who actually told me the truth back in the day(Summer 1983), and people who knew the truth but not see fit to at least discuss lawsuits or yell louder about what they knew; I thought that the people who were speaking ill of top TWI leadership were the bad guys.

P.S. And you people who did not scream it from the rooftops and admit your own faults too, just stay out of my way now! I've seen the next generation of TWI disease all too clearly.

I can't stick around any more and really don't think I should right now anyway?

I hope this thread's title and my post that I quoted here is enough to get things going.

I really, really should just go and get some fresh air right now. Breath.... breath

The year was 1983 Tzaia, late spring or early summer limb meeting for the state of Minnesota.

I shared about this one before and my recollection is still fairly vivid.

I wish I believed her now of course, but I also figured that it was odd she picked me (a stranger) to share it with and I felt that if she insisted on forcing the issue with me after I blew her off I would have to deal with it. But when I remember the condescending and really, really bad theology that came out of my mouth I am not surprised that she did not insist on making me listen to her.....sigh.

To everyone else.

I am glad this thread is still here...I was a bit emotional yesterday...... I also think that appropriate emotions might have made us a little less prone to being jerked around by TWI leadership types back in the day.

If they are afraid of emotions in people when it comes to the topic of their abusage, well....maybe we ought to work it once and a while. I am not afraid of my emotions, they can at times be our strength.

You know what you get when you have a religious group without emotions?

IMO you get a bunch of stiffs who get their fix of emotions when the big dogs come to town to fill them up with their sales spiel.

IMO you get a bunch of stunted personalities who end up not knowing if it's ok to get mad at anything that leadership does not tell them to.

IMO you get a bunch of people who enable and condone by their silence a system running rampant in the categories of sexual abuse and sexual hypocrisy.

IMO you get a bunch of people who think that remaining calm will put the bad guys in their place, TTTHHHPPP! Some of those bad guys already have taken the ones they have chosen to abuse.

(spelling, of course...sigh)

Edited by JeffSjo