CHAPTER 1

Touching Answers

hi lynnecole

God see the love in my heart

the very things I can not see

God know the sickness I must live with my flesh

but God see my spirit

love __________

This simple yet profound statement of love, contentment, faith and peace stood out and touched me deeply.

When I received this email, it was near the beginning of the answer gathering process and I knew this answer was special. I didn’t know why I knew, except I felt God spoke to me and said: “this child of Mine is very special.”

I couldn’t “categorize” it and make it fit in. It stood alone. Then one day after I had completed what I thought was the first 8 chapters of this book, God said: “This is your first chapter.”

So I cut and pasted this special answer and put it in as the first chapter. In a couple of days the words started coming and I started gathering scriptures.

Thank you God for your guidance as I put this book together. Each step of the way, when needed, you let me know what to do next. What a joy putting your book together has been!

Gods knows this person intimately. I know absolutely nothing about him except that the name seemed male. We that have bodies that are relatively free from disease tend to complain when we get sick or our bodies aren’t perfect. This person doesn’t seem to be complaining about his diseased body. He knows God loves him and he loves God. He appears to be content and at peace.

Why some of God’s children have to suffer, I do not know. God doesn’t have to explain Himself to me or anyone else. He IS God.

Romans 11:33 Amplified: Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)!

Romans 11:34: For who has known the mind of the Lord and who has understood His thoughts, or who has (ever) been His counselor?

Romans 11:36: For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. (For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.) To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it).

God’s ways are not our ways. God knows the perfect way. I know some Christians that insist as a result of Jesus resurrection God heals everyone. If they aren’t healed then there is probably a lack of faith or unbelief. Yet I look at people that God uses mightily in their afflictions. Joni Eareckson Tada comes to mind because I remember when people were trying to convince her that God wanted to heal her and why wasn’t it happening. I know God is using her and other Christians with less than perfect bodies mightily just the way they are! Who am I, or any person for that matter, to question God and His ways? God creates us for His purpose.

How blessed this person must be. He knows and accepts how God created him. I must admit accepting my imperfect body has been difficult for me. In the past I’d complain to God because I am too short. My body isn’t the way I would like it to be:

It stores calories instead of burning them off like my thin husbands body.

I’m way too emotional with bouts of depression and anxiety.

My literal mind wants order in everything.

The temper and anger I have battled most of my life.

The negativity that tries to invades my life.

Romans 8:28: And we know that God causes all things to work together for good

to those who love God,

to those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

Romans 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Not sickness, diseased bodies nor bad self images.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

Ephesians 3:21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

God has been working on each of these areas of my life. All I had to do was learn and believe what the Bible says. God is able! I must say God has been changing me with pretty good success!! It is an ongoing process that will not be complete until I am with Him and have my new body. But I have been able to accept myself as I am. This first Psalm and many verses in Psalms also helped me to realize God created me the way I am for His purpose.

Psalm 139:14 I will give thanks to Thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works…

Oh to begin to grasp and believe that. That in itself will make one walk taller knowing how meticulously God put each of us together.

Psalm 119:71 It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Thy statutes. (See definitions for explanation of Statutes.)

Psalm 147:6 The Lord supports the afflicted.

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Yes I love this. I like that she writes with an understanding that God loves us. And there is wonder in her words, not a condescension. As children of God, we are not all perfect physically, and Normal,.... Well who's really "normal"? What exactly is that anyways?

Who reads what people write to see the heart behind the words. And who reads to find any small "mistake" they can find, ticking them off on a secret mental checklist in their mind.

Is she finished with the whole book now? if she is - let us know how we might get a copy of it.