GreaseSpot Cafe

Don't Answer The Door !

Shellon

If my life is in the toilet, yes, maybe I did "fail" somewhere, maybe I did miss a beat when I was marching to a different one, maybe I ought to accept responsibility for what I did, didn't do, should have done, could have done, maybe it serves well to answer "did you learn anything?"

I sure don't miss giving the adversary, the devil, lucifer, call it whatcha want, they did, so much credit for what's going on in my life and the lives of my kids.

Hey, Shellon, great post. It seems to me that God does not control our everyday thoughts and actions -- we have free will and can think and do as we please. Although there are lots of things in my life that I have attributed to God's grace and which I'm thankful for, I also believe in random events and dumb luck.

As humans, we have the freedom to walk as we please. So I don't blame Satan when things go wrong for me.

Soul searcher: Great logic. Of course, we can't blame the adversary (or karma, whatever)for our choices, our decisions, etc. There are consequences to most everything we do, good and bad. Should we nevertheless know our enemies? Any good coach will say Hell, yes. (AS I live in Louisiana, that superbowl victory is still fresh in our minds. Ha.) I guess in all honesty, though, I look at the wrong stuff as more random than personal. Like I've said, I think the world, and America for sure, is so far gone that no one has to push any buttons anymore, we're free falling.... I'm outta here for a week, cruising the Caribbean. Hope the food's not tainted. :wave:

i don't like the idea of a scapegoat (adversary, devil, satan, whatever you want to call it) because it's lazy on both the parts of the doers and the people that are being done to, because for the doers then they don't have to look at what they're doing and for the people being done to they don't have to learn that they can quit being done to, and the "fix" is unattainable and surreal for most people, and i speak this from all my life experience so i'm not judging but speaking from experience. once i figured it out that the doers are out to get what they want i started figuring out that i don't have to give them what they want and that i don't have to treat them with respect or in a humane way or with dignity or anything besides like the animal on the hunt that they are, and what do you do with an animal that's hunting you? well you either get the heII away from them or you disable them so they can't hunt you, but first you learn to recognize them and their hunting patterns and then you stay off their hunting grounds. like i don't go out for a walk at two o'clock in the morning, or if i get one of those feelings about somebody on an elevator then i don't get on the elevator with them, or if i recognize a behavior pattern immediately i don't tell myself that i'm just being judgemental but i tell myself good for me that i learned something and i'm not going to be a victim this time. even though he used it as a perpetrator, wierwille was onto something when he said "you can't offend a dead man" but i use a different twist on it now as "you can't offend an offender" and i speak up to people that i know would use people, abuse people and throw them away when finished. like i hear somebody laying on the smarm about not being able to pay their bills and how bad their wife is about shopping and keeping house and always complaing, well then i know right away that he's looking for a "discrete relationship" and will complain about me when he's smarming up the next "fresh" piece.

and why have to find what i did "wrong" anyway? that's like all the deer getting together and trying to figure out why their fastest, most alert buck got shot down. deer have better hearing, better responses, better smell, better everything than humans do and if they get shot down, then what makes us humans think we can always be "on top of things" enough to escape everything that will come our way? if we're thinking like that still then we're still in the way international or in some cult or another or something because it's not mentally healthy and it's called "hypervigilence" and this is something i speak of from all my life experience too so i'm not judging here either. and here's some news about all that too. perpetrators love that their victims get all hypervigilent. yep. they get off on it and will watch their victims looking over their shoulders and worrying themselves to death about what they did wrong. even if it isn't their own victims, too, perpetrators will seek out other victims and listen to them trying to figure out what they did wrong and how to avoid doing it again in the future so they won't be a victim again. it's part of the power thing perpetrators love. that's why so many perpetrators are in the "helping" fields like volunteer on suicide hotlines or help children go through court processes or volunteer in rape crisis centers. and we thought they were just getting their next victim. nope. they're also getting a power fix.