GreaseSpot Cafe

Thomas Paine [1776]

year2027

God first

thanks everybody

Common Sense

by Thomas Paine

[1776]

This is the little book which provided the rationale for the American colonists to struggle for independence from English rule. Relative to the size of the population at the time, it is the US best seller of all time; it sold half a million copies in the first year, going through twenty-five editions. Paine wrote Common Sense like a sermon, using Biblical references to make his point, despite his Deist views. However, this style appealed to a broad audience, not just intellectuals. Paine even put his money on the line: he donated all royalties from Common Sense, which were substantial, to the Continental Army of George Washington.--J.B. Hare

http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/paine/cs/index.htm

I have him yet but I look forward to reading it

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

God first

thanks everybody

I have him yet but I look forward to reading it

It's an amazing essay... however, I hope you are aware that it has nothing to do with Glenn Beck and GB is working on ripping off Paine... if GB is who brought this to your attention.

God first

thanks Rocky and GarthP2000

Rocky I did not get from Glen Beck I just been reading texts under Age of Reason but I listen to Glen Beck but i having done so for a few days because i see nothing will change anything if people want to be slaves they will be slaves and i can not do anything

Yes I got it from there Garth I read everything Age of Reason and I also check others I in Ancient Near East texts now

Edited by year2027