GreaseSpot Cafe

Moving graphics

bowtwi

I have sent some graphics in emails that dance or move. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Anyone have any advice?

For example, this smiley hug - it's about a 50/50 shot whether or not it will hug. I don't understand.

Sure would appreciate if someone can explain what I need to do. I have a bunch of graphics that should move, but don't.

I just tried to cut and paste a few here for examples, but that doesn't work either.

I'm not trying to post links to websites, just little graphics, like what Kit and Hillsbro do...

Hi Bowtwi,

When you send an animated graphic via email it must be opened in an email program that supports html/animated graphics.

The person on the other end must have their email program set for rich text or html.

It that person is using AOL or Hotmail it may not animate properly.

Also you should send it in the "body" of the message rather than as an attachment. Your email program must also be set to rich text or html. Outlook Express and Outlook work well.

What email are you using ?

Hey Bowtwi...

Do you have any "free web space" with aol? If so, here's an alternative. You can place the graphics on that server and then do a couple of different things with them.

Like this graphic:

I have just inserted this into this message

afterbeers.gif

Here, I just made a link to the graphic. Click here.

And least impressive, I could just give you the link and have you retrieve it your self by clicking on it.

http://www.customadecomputers.com/afterbeers.gif

In all of these cases, the graphic is not included in the message, but rather stored in a server online.

RB

Bowtwi,

It has been a while since I messed with AOL but if I recall, when you save an image from AOL, it saves it in the "art" format which may not be compatible with some browsers or email programs. This format compresses image files and can cause animated graphics, (gif's) not to work. The problem could be on your end or on your friend's depending upon what browers/email programs are being used.

Are you sending her "art" files or "gif" files ?

Why don't you send me one of the graphic files in question and let me look at it? I will be able to tell you more. But if I were betting, I would bet it probably has something to do with AOL or their propritary file scheme.

goey@att.net

Goeyanitractor.gif

Oh thanks, guys! I will check that out RB - yes, I do have web space avolleyball, just have to learn about how to access it - I'm sure aol has a tutorial or something...

Goey - I'll send you the two that we were most hoping to send her when she was here visiting last month. Another friend of mine found the URL for some others and sent them for me, but hasn't written me instructions yet...

Thanks again! I really appreciate the help.

you go to settings and then put a search on personal home page, all you ever need to know will be there for you.

Now I have broadban and forgot how I set the durn thing up and have space I can store there going to waste...........

somebody said this stuff would be easy

Grizzy COLOR>SIZE>