GreaseSpot Cafe

a reminder of what's in the Bible

For some, this type of stuff was and is our life. The Bible is a most precious love letter from God. When the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit came around a number of years ago I was able to go, and seeing that scroll of Isaiah and how some guys had "penned" it so carefully, and rolled it and put it in that jar, sealed it up and put it "just so" (where the Holy Spirit told him) so that it would escape the ravages of time, weather, treasure hunters for all these years. Every Bible we have has a story of God's kindness by the hand of people who truly cared enough to send the very best (Hallmark didn't dream that up, God did.)

Thought you would like this.

Fills my memory - rules my heart - guides my feet.

Breaths life - classifies judgment - remembered forever.

Wealth of knowledge - defines glory --- river of adventure.

Keys to heaven -- gates of hell -- righteous path - final battle.

Glorifies the Father - confirms the Son - explains the Holy Spirit.

Holy doctrines - binding precepts - true history - indisputable conclusions.

Direction from the Light of the World -- food for thought -- cheerful comfort.

Highest responsibility - rewards the greatest labor - defines the ultimate battle.

Designed for a lifetime -- slowly read -- frequently opened -- prayerfully pursued.

Wisdom for the Ages -- expression of belief -- foundations of faith -- holy practices.

The mind of God - state of man - way of salvation - doom for sinners - believers joy. Traveler's map - pilgrim's staff - the pilot's compass - the soldier's weapon - Christian's charter.

Presidents of the United States of America who have embraced and not feared speaking about the Bible:

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"

George Washington

"I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man"

Abraham Lincoln

"I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands"

Thomas Jefferson.

Prayer: Father thank you for providing a powerful book of love letters to me --- The Bible. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!