GreaseSpot Cafe

JOHN LENNON

itchley

does any one remember way leaders talking about john lennon and that he was born of the Devil.? martindale harped on this on tapes i heard. then later i heard them say that although john was of the devil he had turned for the good of the true god. then they said he was shot to death because he wouldnt do the work for the devil anymore. it mixed me up and i wondered if any greasetrappers could help with their remeberances of what was said and heard. was john of the Devil? or was martindale of the devil or both of them or neither of them. please help unscramble my brain on this lennon thing will ya please?

marywonni

I don't know what TWI said re: Lennon. However, one biography of Lennon said during his "house husband" period he started watching "700 Club" ( I think ) and got born again. His interest in Christianity was short lived ' cause Yoko put a stop to it.

When Dylan put out "Gotta Serve Somebody" Lennon did a song called "Gotta Serve Yourself". That's all I know someone else probably knows more.

thank yall 4 the replies. hoestly, i am looking to get yalls input on this . when i think of some of the ridiculous#$## some of these leaders said it makes me want to get out my thompson sub and track some of em down. how bout some others of ya? please, respond further.

marywonni

i want some of you lurking fakes of THE WAY INTERNATIONAL to bring your CHICKEN AND DOG#!@# A!@## RIGHT HERE and write down what you said about JOHN LENNON and why you said it. i know you BAST@!## lurk here and i want you to write it down, what you said about this man.ITCHLEY

marywonni

• 1 month later...

I remember VPW saying something to the effect that John Lennon was personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people that died of overdoses because he had promoted drug use.

Of course there is such a thing as personal responsibility for your actions, but what would TWI leaders know of that?

I also remember the first time I heard that John Lennon had been killed. I was in the College program at Emporia and some Corps guy (I don't remember who) stuck his head out of a door in the dorm and said "John Lennon was shot...dead!" At first I thought he had said John Lynn. That was bad enough, but when he repeated "John Lennon" he was laughing and made some callous remark along the lines of "Serves him right!" I didn't say anything at the time because I felt like I wasn't supposed to feel bad about the death of an "unbeliever."

Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

It's not my place to judge a man's heart, and I still liked his music. It was in December and I still get a lump in my throat when I hear "Happy Xmas (War is Over)."