GreaseSpot Cafe

New York Yankees

Human without the bean

Will the Yankees win it all again this year. Like em' or not, they are the winniest baseball team in history.

What ever their secret, The New York Yankees, be it by hook or crook continue year after year to be the team to beat at this time of year, and, if history has anything to tell us, The Yankee's will take it all again. This is the year of perhaps one of the greatest baseball players of all time reaching his prime in Derek Jeter.

I mean is this guy the face of baseball of what. Brings it every game, every at bat, every play. Simply fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone catch that play at home plate tonight, where Ichiro avoided getting tagged by going outside the box and then, to avoid getting tagged again by the catcher, he slipped around the plate and leaped over the tag and touched the base. That's what's great about baseball. Made the catcher look foolish. But he's Ichiro

I don't think I've ever seen a play quite like that. That's what great about baseball. Amazing play!!!

Yankees' lead ALCS series 1-0

I was mistaken. It's The Championship Division Series. Tonight the Yankees advanced beating the Orioles, and will play Detroit in the ALCS Saturday.

I know! No one likes the Yankees. But I do. I've always been a Yankees fan!

They just know how to play baseball when it really counts. Go Yankees! :D:D

They just know how to play baseball when it really counts. Go Yankees! :D:D

Wow. :blush: What I didn't count on was, them getting sweep by The Detroit Cardinals. Even when Derek Jeter went out with an injury in the 12th, score 4 to 4, I still think The Yankees should have won that game. Might have made a better series for them. But, probably not.

Bottom line here is, (seems like I'm blogging) that The New York Yankees are just too old. Most of the roster is made up of guys well into their late 30's and some like Rivera and Pettitte are into their 40's.

This ballclub worked 10 years ago. They need to trade up before anything changes for them in the post season.

• 1 year later...

I was mistaken. It's The Championship Division Series.

They just know how to play baseball when it really counts. Go Yankees! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I think not. The Yankee's need to trade up! Start with younger guys.

Wow. blush.gif What I didn't count on was, them getting sweep by The Detroit Cardinals.

Did I say that? I must have. The Detroit Cardinals. They must be a west coast team or something.

Anyway, this year, I thought the Tigers looked good going into the Division series, but The Cardinals looked better.

Now, the Red Sox look better. For what it's worth. The Boston Red Sox are going to do it this year is all I'm saying. cool.gif

Eight post in now, only now, I see the folly of my ways. The Yankee's won't come to grips, much like the Portland Trailblazers of early 1990's after their run of trips to the Finals only to go down in flames three times in five years.

They continued to go down the same ole path with the same players until they wound up with too many old players, who were too old to fit the bill. Yankee's are the same. Blazers are still struggling today trying to build a franchise around one player instead of building around one team.

Yankee's are the same.

• 1 year later...