GreaseSpot Cafe

Why am I not surprised?

waysider

HERE

A so-called Christian heavy metal band whose frontman was convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to murder his estranged wife has admitted that it duped fans into believing that they were Christian in order to sell their music.

He said that during his tenure with As I Lay Dying, he realized that a number of bands that professed to be Christians were faking their faith just as he was.

"We toured with more ‘Christian bands’ who actually aren’t Christians than bands that are,” Lambesis stated. “In 12 years of touring with As I Lay Dying, I would say maybe one in 10 Christian bands we toured with were actually Christian bands.”

Edited by waysider

HERE

A so-called Christian heavy metal band whose frontman was convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to murder his estranged wife has admitted that it duped fans into believing that they were Christian in order to sell their music.

He said that during his tenure with As I Lay Dying, he realized that a number of bands that professed to be Christians were faking their faith just as he was.

"We toured with more ‘Christian bands’ who actually aren’t Christians than bands that are,” Lambesis stated. “In 12 years of touring with As I Lay Dying, I would say maybe one in 10 Christian bands we toured with were actually Christian bands.”

I don't know if the "one in 10" number is accurate, but I heard a Christian musician on Christian radio a few years ago say people would be shocked at some of the so-called Christian artists that aren't Christian at all. Some of them are fairly popular, he said. I can't remember who the guy was, but I figured he must be a Christian if he was saying this.

So what's this? People actually profiteering off of the name of Christianity? Who ever heard of such a thing?