GreaseSpot Cafe

Dan McGraw

Mr Incredible

• 3 months later...

Hey Michael

I haven't seen Dan in many moons (bad pun). Then again, I also haven't kept up with my ex (also in the quartet) Ron Moon, since we divorced back in the 80's & I moved from the northwest. I did hear that he remarried, but wouldn't marry her until she took the class. Have you heard anything about him (is he in or out)?

Hi. Dan McGraw was living in Juneau, Alaska up until about three years ago. He is married to a gal named Cina (pronounced "see-na"). They were part of our Ex-Way informal fellowship and we saw them alot. But my wife and I moved north from Juneau, and we later learned that they moved, and I cannot remember where they went.

Dan was/is kind and wonderful, and even gave one of my sons a nice old trumpet that he had taken very good care of. Dan was a member of the Juneau Brass Ensemble, and played the tuba with that bunch. What a musician he is...

He and his wife had stayed with The Way up until around 1994 or 95. It was kind of amazing, because since I am an ex Way clergy guy (who had moved back into town) and Dan and his wife had been friendly to me and my wife, they were accused of going to my "evil anti-Way fellowship" which was not even existent!

Another faithful Way couple had been accused of the same thing, but since both couples knew for a fact that they had never been to a fellowship at my home, they were completely baffled by the fact that they weren't even asked if they had attended any meetings at my place! When they tried to set this guy Bob Wagner straight, he just told them that he knew by revelation that they had been "disobedient to God" by going to my meetings, and they (both couples were put on "probation", whatever that was supposed to mean. But it was so laughable and sad, but then again it made it very easy for them to take their leave from The Way. Especially after they were "marked and avoided"...

It was after all of this that we all began to enjoy a wonderful reunion type fellowship with this bunch, for at one time in the long ago past, I had been the Twig coord in Juneau

So, sorry I can't help you all out as far as their whereabouts are concerned, but maybe I can find out more from my Juneau friends...