GreaseSpot Cafe

Pet Lovers and Wordsmiths - Please help!

JesseJoe

The SPCA I work at has a 38' RV equipped for surgery, education and adoptions that will be christened Sept. 20 and it needs a name.

You can view it here.

Some examples of names already used by others are SNIP Van (Spay/Neuter Initiative Program) or M*A*S*H (Mobile Animal Surgical Hospital). They wouldn?t work anyway because the RV is more than what these two examples suggest.

I?ve racked my brain and have only come up with the Nome Mobile (NO More Euthanasia) and CEMA (Community Education Mobile Assistance). Not very cute, I admit.

Can you tell I am not very creative? BUT YOU ARE! Do y?all have any ideas?

Jesse

I offer up these suggestions........

The ZPG mobile-(Zero Population Growth)

This one probably will only amuse me but, how about SEAL Team 1 ? The acronym would stand for

Spaying Every Animal Lovingly

Service Excellence in Animal Logistics

The reason why it would only amuse me is, the Navy Seals are our nation's counterterrorist organization.

This is all I can think of for now. If I come up with any more, I'll let you know

The artist formerly known as Kaiserverbalsushikint. (I've lost track..........)

How 'bout:

The SPCA CARES Mobile (Community Adoption, Rescue, Education & Surgery) Mobile

Or do you have to have an acronym?

For something more catchy, how about something simple that could gain good name recognition pretty quickly, like "The Animobile," with a nice, colorful picture of dogs 'n cats painted in and around the name. :-)

You could always use the SPCA CARES thing as a subtitle painted under this name to give a fuller explanation of what the mobile clinic RV is for.

BTW, our buses in Cleveland have ads on them with a really cute Maurice Sendak illustration, promoting pet adoptions. It's probably up for grabs for organizations such as yours to use. Wouldn't hurt to ask. I think it's very effective.

No idea if these are the sort of thing you're looking for. I've been working since this morning and just took a quick break to clear the cobwebs.

I'm sure someone will come up with something more clever, but I had to try for the critters' sakes!

Linda

I love it! Very simple and visual.

Thanks for the tip on Maurice Sendak. I'm going to do a search and check it out. We have thought about doing something like that but funds have not allowed it. But I have vision! I'll put it in my file, Things To Do When The Funds Come In.

Thanks,

Jesse