GreaseSpot Cafe

6 ministries of Jesus + the one of Christ

God

Ministries of Jesus Christ

Beloved Friends

I know that Jesus did not begin the ministry of Christ in us until the day of Pentecost the day his apostles receive power from high Christ in them the hope of glory.

I know this because I have ask but I did not ask about Ministries Jesus may or may not had before his death so lets look as a man

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

This ministries are for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

But what about ministries before the body of Christ

These ministries would be more the perfecting of the believer who believe in the coming of Christ, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the future body of Christ or of God

When did Jesus begin his earthly ministries at age 12

Back in Luke 2 he about his father business

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

At 12 he was a man

If you take his age at death 30 and take away 12 you get 18 now divide by five earthly ministries you get 3.6 the years

Now if you add a six ministry you get 3

Jesus the Christ had the ministry of teacher age 12-15

Jesus the Christ had the ministry of pastor age 15-18

Jesus the Christ had the ministry of evangelist age 18-21

Jesus the Christ had the ministry of prophet age 21-24

Jesus the Christ had the ministry of apostle age 24-27

Jesus the Christ had the ministry son of God age 27-30

Note this ministries may be in wrong order above

Now the seventh ministry the ministry of Christ age 30-.........

Hope this helps I had been thinking about the ministry of Christ and could not think of others it ok to be only part right but I missed a lot of the picture

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I'll take the bait.

Roy,

What proof do you offer?

What makes you think Jesus became a man at 12?

Bar-mitzvah didn't come about until hundreds of years after Jesus.

As for your time breakdowns, scripture says he didn't start preaching, teaching, healing until AFTER he was baptized.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

God first

Beloved Def59

God loves you my dear friend

Why do I know Ok here some reasons first one your like best God told me by the way of Jesus the Christ

But you want more ok

Jesus stray in Egypt and came down to Memphis, and saw Pharaoh, and remained three years in Egypt

The Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Saviour 1:23

3 BC - 1 AD

Jesus entered into Egypt at 2 years old

Gospel of Thomas (Latin Text) 1:1

1 BC

Jesus arrived at Judaea after 3 years in Egypt ;

Herod was dead, and that Archelaus his son had succeeded him --- Herod was dead, and that Archelaus his son had succeeded him--- but angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said: O Joseph, go into the city of Nazareth, and there abide.

The Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Saviour 1:26

1 AD

Jesus gathered together the waters that flowed there into pools, and made them straightway clean, at 5 years old

2 AD

Gospel of Thomas 2:1

Jesus came unto the city of Nazareth at 5 years old

Gospel of Thomas (Greek Text B) 1:1

2 AD

there was a great rain upon the earth, and the child Jesus walked about therein. at 5 years old

Gospel of Thomas (Latin Text) 4:1

2 AD

Herod death 184th olympiad

The Antiquities of the Jews Book 14 9:2;14:5

Book 17 8:1

2 AD

Jesus Christ after the custom of the feast. at 12 years old

Luke 2:42

The Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Saviour 1:50

Gospel of Thomas 19:1

9 BC

---------------------------------------------

Do you recall him talking and teaching the doctors he had just began his ministry of a teacher

Jesus began to hide His miracles and mysteries and secrets, and to give attention to the law, until He completed his 13 year

The Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Saviour 1:54

10 AD

Jesus Christ suffered all evil and temptations so why not he receive all blessing along with all gift ministries of the Olf Testament times

they were ministries of God but today we have minisries of Christ

there were teachers of God

there were pastors of God

there were evangelists of God

there were prophets of God

there were apostles of God like Moses

There were only two ministries of son of God

first came Adam by creation in the waters then came Jesus Christ by recreation in Mary

But now we have something new that we could not have before

the ministry of Christ first to over come death for us leading our way

The greater thing was not tongues but the ministry of Christ

God is still head of the household but Jesus the Christ has become head of the children of God

hope this helps but I can show you the way but you must go to christ asking for a drink of the wine I have

We believe what Christ tells us first and then he shows it unto us

thanks and peace

Roy,

Anyone can compile together selected bit and peices of old writings to make Jesus into just about anything they want him to be.

But Roy, that "God told me" stuff just doesn't hold any water here. There are too many flakes out there claiming that "God told me" for it to have any meaning to me whatsoever (and I suspect most others that frequent this forum).

I have been inactive here for a while, but it seems to me that in the last year or so that you have ventured way beyond any form of Christian theology that I am familiar with. It seems like now that you are kind of making it up as you go.

quote:
We believe what Christ tells us first and then he shows it unto us
Roy, who is "we" in the above? -- Are you refering to scripture or to "God told me" [in some esoterical manner] as to how "he tells us first"?

God first

Beloved Goey

God loves you my friend

I know you and many others do not go for God told me

But that how I learn God by way of Jesus the Christ sharing things with me one or one or Jesus the Christ opens up scripture to me

But you can look for truth any way you see best

Its like Apostel Paul were would he say he got most of what he wrote

Christ told him or God told Christ what to tell him or research

but how can prophecy be research

Yes it lines up with the OT but some is a clearer picture than the OT gives

read

Matt 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Look what Jesus said about Simon Peter

Yes God told him so why not me

While you can ask God or you can study the word of God with your fleshly ways its up to each person

Your choice while mine is God telling me by the way of Jesus Christ

Years ago I would be the first to say show me but now that I saw the living word of God open up to me it differ

Some might use this to get power but I have none nor to I need any worldly power

God first

Beloved Goey

God bless your heart

I think that a guess of what they may of said or not is just a guess

But were they ask Sure they are aways people looking for proff

But I can not give proff nor would Paul or Simon Peter but look Jesus knew how they knew it

Reread what Jesus said

Matt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Look its not about research but about receiving truth from above from God by way of Christ

Its not about proff

No one can prove there is a God nor can they prove that there is not a God to others but each person must prove it in their own heart

We just need to give a reason

I can not make you understand just enjoy trying to help but all I can do is share my heart

thanks for sharing your heart

quote:
Originally posted by Goey:

Roy,

I dont think Peter or Paul went around all the time saying "God Told Me" whenever they were questioned on something.

No, though their writings (or such as has been attributed to them) have certainly been taken by many adherents to mean as much, e.g., "God-breathed", or, "I say to you by the word of the Lord...", or any number of places that would come to mind.

Roy, the style of your meditations remind me a bit of Szelsky Bordeaux's writings (i.e., "the Essene Gospel of Peace"), supposedly translated from Aramaic manuscripts located in the secret archives of the Vatican (a very dramatic claim), with its many references to the "breath of the Holy Mother" and what not. While I don't personally buy into the supposed authenticity of the mss. or Bordeaux's claims (my sister loves that stuff), you might find this material interesting. If you do a search on the phrase "Essene Gospel of Peace" at any search engine, you should find further info on this stuff, and perhaps even texts and translations.

Danny