GreaseSpot Cafe

Be Cool

reikilady

• 2 weeks later...

I don't often laugh, no howl, out loud in a movie theater, but this was one funny movie. Better in some ways than Get Shorty, inferior in others, but I loved it.

"What are ya gonna say to him"

"No more than I have to...if that"

The characters, while caricatures, were hilarious:

The Rock as the gay bodyguard who wants to be in movies

The Russian mafia boss with the "rug"

The white guy who talks and acts like a "homeboy" and dresses like a pimp

The black record producer who talks and acts like the Harvard-educated son of privelege that he is when he is at home with his wife and daughter, but in his role as record producer for a hip-hop group beats people up and travels with a "posse" of thugs

The hit man who is the most disgusting eater I've ever seen

The tough guy hip-hop thug who delicately sips tea while being berated for not acting "gangsta"

Steven Tyler maintaining that he wouldn't want a bit part in a movie at this point in his career

The speech about the contribution to American culture by African-Americans is passionate and heartfelt, and would be very moving if everyone in the room wasn't pointing a gun at someone else and Vince Vaughn wasn't hanging upside down off the balcony screaming at his tormenters that they can't hit him and dangle him over the balcony

Great concert scenes of Aerosmith and Blackeyed Peas - Travlota's & Thurman's dance scene is very, well...VERY!

John Travolta is one cool guy in "Be Cool"