GreaseSpot Cafe

Spam you get from yourself!

krys

You can open the properties folder for that email and then click on the details tab.

Highlight everything that results and copy it.

Forward the email to "support@yourISP.com" or "abuse@yourISP.com". Before you send it, paste what you copied at the top of the questional email....they need all that info. They will probably go after the owner of the ISP and let them know about it. I asked what good would that do...and tech support reminded me that spam is a bigger problem for them than it is for me in terms of the number of "dead" emails they have to process daily. So most ISP's will ban the user or take some other preventative steps.

My ISP offers Webmail, which means I can be anywhere, and access my email account. They also have as part of this "service" a filtering option. I've been using it and it does help...but I didn't want to put myself in the "kill file". The teck said I should look for a "new" option in the Webmail...it is called "blacklist". That blocks any further email from the server that sent that particular email.

I had the time...and so I went through some of the stuff I had relegated to dump and found about 6 emails all in the past 2 weeks where this happened...email came in appearing from myself and I blacklisted them all.

There's gotta be a better way! But so far I haven't found it.