GreaseSpot Cafe

An Interpretation of Tongues

Yeah, similar. 9 types

Same source, I guess, though this seems to be looking at purely psychological expressions, mostly. Whereas I include all expressions (inner/outer + individual/collective), including the supernatural to the point where it ceases being extra-special.

But this is good stuff. I've taken a few complex personality tests in my day. And I spent a few minutes browsing through this webpage. Thanks for telling me about it, ckeer. I love the diagrams. They communicate sooo much. I'll probably study it til I'm sick of looking at it. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Ultimately, a perrenial spiritual framework is a neutral and generic thing, which allows for us to "graft in" that which fits, where it fits, why it fits, how it fits. It is all-inclusive and all-connecting. It sees everything as partial and overlapping, rather than wholly right or wrong. The better we get at this, the better we get at it, and more our tree of knowledge grows and bears fruit.

I look forward to your comments or questions, ckeer. You seem to have a knack for reasoning outloud.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing...

The "levels" as I have described them are not different types of people, or personality types.

Though we can be stuck in one or two places along the chain and thus, its seems so.

But we are actually all levels at once. Every level is a part of us.

We each exist because we are already on all levels at once (knowingly or unknowingly).

A healthy state is when we cycle knowingly through the full spectrum on a regular basis.

The entire range of spirit can be expressed in a single breath.

Kinda like: 1234567654321234567654321234567654321

icon_smile.gif:)-->

This is not to exclude the idea of personality types (even those based on the ennegram framework or that which I have described). But personality types are based on heredity, upbringing, even astrology, all of which are expressions of the carnal self, which are of and in the lower realms. The carnal self does not even exist in the higher realms.

Edited by sirguessalot

Wow. Seems the Enneagram concept was modelled after the Sufi and Kaballa wisdom traditions, both of which are historically deeply effective transformative practices (as opposed to the mere "talking religions" of 3ness). Welcome to Babylon, I guess. icon_wink.gif;)--> Thanks again, ckeer.

I've been finding a lot of old/new integrations like this lately. Where multi-thousand-year-old practices are being re-discovered by branches of the western cutting edge. Like this one, where an O.T. mysticism arises in modern psychological fields. Both schools are redeemed by the logos, grafted in and excel.

Thank God. There may really be hope for all, after all.

All lead to Christ, and Christ leads to godliness.

Yakity smakity and a blah blah blah...

icon_wink.gif;)-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->