GreaseSpot Cafe

How do I adjust a browser setting?

shazdancer

Hi, computer literate people!

I have ONE (and only one, as far as I can tell) website that I cannot access, and that is the PayPal log-in page. I get this familiar message:

quote:
The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Okay, I know it is not them, as I can access this page on other computers, so I know the problem is with my home PC. So how do I "adjust my browser settings?" And can you please put your answer in "click here, highlight that, delete this" kind of language, because if you say anything like, "download the interface on the hard drive," you will have lost me!

Regards.

Computer-challenged Shaz

Try This.

Open Internet Explorer and up at the top, click tools, then select Internet Options.

There, you will see a tab that says security. Click it. You will then see 4 "zones". Click on the one that says Internet. Look down below, and if the setting says Custon, click the button that says default level.

Then, click on the one that says Restricted Sites. You will see a button that says Sites. Click it and make sure that the site hasn't somehow gotten entered there as a restricted site. If it is, delete it from your list.

Rick

I got it, I got it!

What I needed was 128-bit encryption. After floundering around Microsoft and trying different downloads, I found the ones to get me what I needed.

Thanks, Bluzeman -- now I know how to get to my security settings as well.

Someday, I just might understand it all -- but I doubt it! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Regards,

Shaz