GreaseSpot Cafe

Vid Pro's?

herbiejuan

I have been approached by interested individuals about starting a production company. The primary product will be environmental dv's for distribution to media outlets like pbs. The target audience is 25-55 college educated citified folks.

For starters there will be a media intern shooting the film and a professional outfit handling the post edit work. I will be developing the semi scripted outlines and coordinating the various elements of the production icon_smile.gif:)--> IF IF IF this gets funded

So asides from doing a happy dance and writing lots of notes for the proposal I'm wondering, what with all our exway production folks out there, if you might have some ideas or suggestions.

I am currently working through cybercollege's production series and observing hgtv and the history channel for the general feel of shooting an educational film BUT if you've done this before and have some tips or advice I'd welcome your input.

At this juncture this project will consist of 4 psa's shot on location and voiced over, two 30 minute films using a multimedia approach for civic orgs and gov groups and 4 30 minute educational pilot series targeted to them urbanized college folks.

Edited by herbiejuan

Thank you for your input icon_razz.gif:P-->

So far the Upper Chattahoochee River Keepers, Carroll Tommorrow, Georgia Organics and Chatt Flint have expressed interest and I just got off the phone with a civic group that has committed to providing funding icon_smile.gif:)--> and technical assistance.

Time to sharpen the pencil icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Herbie: I haven't filmed an educational film before, but I have done presentations and other video work--more of a "competent amateur" than a professional.

I do know a professional voice actress if you're looking for a female narrator.

Thanks Zix icon_smile.gif:)--> I'll need another pov and insight as this develops.

Right now the college is quoting me commercial film rates for the production work. The consensus is a digital shoot as it reduces overall costs considerably and will do all that we require.

One of the groups recently hired a media production person and is willing to do that part of the work as well as locate and manage the $ which is fine by me as that means less work fer the herbalmeister (I am a firm believer in letting the experts do what they are expert at). I am hoping to be able to mostly write scripts and locate on camera experts.

Keep yer fingers crossed

Hey Steve n Cindy, I lost yer address and believeitornot I have that bowl packaged and setting on the counter waiting to be mailed herbiejuan@hotmail.com