GreaseSpot Cafe

The Stepford Wives

When driving around the vicinity of Norwalk/New Canaan/Westport CT. with my in-laws a few years ago, they would oft point to a small shopping center and exclaim, "That was where the supermarket scenes in The Stepford Wives was shot..." - the original 1975 version.

Likewise several scenes in the new version of "The Stepford Wives" was shot around the same area (New Canaan, Greenwich, NY). It was fun seeing the Merritt Parkway on the screen.

Wish I could provide more insight on the mansions but I'm not from that ritzy part of the state.

The new version ( starring Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broderick, Glenn Close, Christopher Walken, and Jon Lovitz) unlike the serious, suspenseful 1975 version, is obviously a comedy, true to the tone conveyed in the theatrical trailers. I won't give anything away -but I thought it worked well as a comedy.

It was a pleasant Friday night diversion.

Yes indeed, we're all robots in Connecticut. icon_smile.gif:)-->

*** 3 stars.

When I heard it was being made into a comedy - I was sort of disappointed. It was a great thriller back in the 70's - I have the DVD of the original - IMO, it was high camp.

I haven't watched it for a few years - I'll have to blow the dust off it and watch it again before I venture into the comedic version.