GreaseSpot Cafe

Tell Me Something I Didn't Know

Raf

Ever come across an interesting tidbit of info that you just KNOW would surprise the bejeezus out of people?

The lady who played the Irish woman on Titanic, the one who puts her kids to bed while the ship is sinking, is the same lady who played the tougher-than-tough Vasquez in Aliens.

I'll bet you didn't know that.

What do you know?

Edited by Raf

Actually, I did know that. Did you also know that Bill Paxton, also of Cameron's Titanic and Aliens, was also one of the three punks at the beginning of The Terminator? He's the one who teaches Arnie how to say "F-you, a**hole..."

About Jeannette Goldstein, the line in Aliens where Paxton says something about "illegal aliens" was a direct joke at Goldstein's expense. When the casting call went out for Aliens, Goldstein showed up dressed as an illegal immigrant... icon_smile.gif:)-->

Sigh.

Looks like several hundred years from now, I still will not have won my little crusade. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I didn't know about the casting call. That's a good one. I did know about Bill Paxton, though. Is he the one who gets a punch through the gut? I forget. But I do recall he was one of them.

The script for Rocky was written in three days.

I'll bet you didn't know that. icon_smile.gif:)-->

O.K., everybody probably knows this, but I'll give it a try:

Humphrey Bogart's infamous lisp and funny way of twitching his mouth was due to a WWI injury. I guess he took a bullet through his upper lip.

Oops, I had it almost right. I guess it was actually a shrapnel wound from when the ship he was aboard (The "Leviathan") got shelled...

Edited by George Aar