GreaseSpot Cafe

MARRIAGE Q

If you get married in a church and the couple promises before God and everyone else that they will honor, cherish, etc. If one or both parties do not do what they promised to do, does that negate their vows? How important is that piece of paper that says they are married if the marriage relationship is a sham? What say all?

smurfette, I'm no theologian, but I think vows count whether the people do them or not! So one should chose to say them very carefully.

The piece of paper is very important because it is legally binding.

I know some people who have done a vow with no legalities involved.

Smurfette, remember that God looks on the heart and things are not always so black & white with God as they are with TWI. I think God probably isn't very happy with my divorce, but I also think He was sad to see both of us so miserable. I think I'm right about TWI and my ex thinks he is. We'll find out someday, but until then, I'm just going to continue to believe we did the best thing and I'll continue to live my life the best way I know how and possibly can with no guilt and no regrets.

This may get more responses on the About the Way forum. I'm going to post it up there, too, for you. I hope you don't mind. icon_smile.gif:)-->