GreaseSpot Cafe

The Current Inflight Movie Offerings

I just got back from another long plane flight and sat through several of their movie offerings (like I had a choice?). It seems like the only place I see movies anymore, I just can't get excited enough about them to actually go to a theatre.

Anyway, on a recent Northwest AL flight, these were the picks (the ones I watched, anyway):

1. "Meet the Fockers" - Absolutely dreadful. Truly an embarassing piece of crap. I'm amazed that De Niro and Hoffman BOTH could be talked into doing such a pathetic POS.

2. "Being Julia" - Uh, well, I can't think of a thing to say about it, good or bad. It took up two hours of time, that's something. Definitely "Chic-Flick" material...

3. "House of Flying Daggers" - MOS If you've seen "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" you know the drill. Beautiful cinematography, but a vapid storyline. And I have a difficult time suspending my disbelief that long or that far. Geeze guys, could we make them just a tad

bit more believable?