GreaseSpot Cafe

Thunderbolts of the Gods

"Thunderbolts of the Gods" is a ninety-some page monograph by David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill that attempts to explain ancient legends based on a theory that they can be explained by cosmic electronic (plasma) discharges.

The monograph is available for free in three .pdfs which I'll provide below.

If nothing else, the artwork is beautiful. If you do read it you'll notice that the text is often seperated by page-long sidebars.

The sidebars may be all you'll want to read.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Lovematters,

I just downloaded the pdf files and having glanced through the files, I must say, "Whoa!" - this production is certainly a labor of love.

I can't comment on the theory itself yet - but the authors have put together a lot of interesting materials and great pics in one place. This would make a great coffee table book - the writers ought to contact Time-Life or some other book printer along these lines.

I was curious as to which program they used for the nice layout of this pdf book, which I learned was Adobe Framemaker, which I'll have to install from my "Adobe Collection' cd so I can play around with it as well, now that I've seen what this prog can do.

Thank you very much for the links to this work!

Danny