GreaseSpot Cafe

Who's The Biggest GEEK Here?

ChasUFarley

Not that being the head geek is anything to be proud of, but unfortunately I might be in the running-

Books-

I read Lord of the Rings almost as many times as I sat though PFAL-which is over 40

I used to read every Star Trek novel as they came out, and have

My favorite fantasy writer is Mervyn peake, who wrote the Gormenghast series-by far the most oddly compelling books I've ever seen

Aasimov, Heinlein,Bradbury, Robert E Howard-only begins the list of sci fi , fantasy writers.

Born and raised on comic books-know just about every artist, company, and minutiea from the mid 30's to the mid 90's- disillusioned with them now, but still make weekly treks to the comic book shop just to see what's there

studied with John Buscema of Marvel comics for a year in hopes to be a comic book artist-drew for smaller companies for years before taking a career turn to animation

Movies-

way too knowledgable about too many cartoons-as those who read the nostalgia board will attest to as they've suffered through endless musings

belong to the 'Sons of the Desert'-the laurel and hardy appreciation society started by Stan before he died

huge fan of silent films-Buster keaton, Harold Lloyd, Chaplin. Love Our Gand comedies, King Kong , Frankenstein

watch Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World annually-not the best movie, but its like an old friend

attend 'nostalgia ' shows sometimes where old has been actors sign photos and chat with old geeks like me

Work-

Draw animated cartoons. have worked for most of the major studios-mostly Disney. Often wear a t shirt and shorts to work, and go to lunch with fellow geeks that argue endlessly about geek culture

geez-Im just getting started and Im geeking myself out-maybe Ill continue later