GreaseSpot Cafe

What’s Wrong with the Boy Scouts?

Ron G.

Interesting, Ron, I made my point about a group that discriminates and you put organizations of which at least five out of your six fight or have done much to do away with that very thing.

Don't try and squeeze what you know I am saying (at least I hope you do) into your narrow definition of discrimination. It shouldn't resort to this but...

discrimination- Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice

discriminative- Marked by or showing prejudice

prejudice-

-An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

-A preconceived preference or idea.

-The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions.

-Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.

Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable conviction of another or others.

The BSA has made policies based on fear and ignorance against a group for just being who they are. Now you and other may dis agree with that, but IMO that is based on similarly derived belielfs. So no they are not the same as a group who is trying to fight for equallity or civil liberty. Now I don't agree with everything those groups do but that is what they are trying to do.

As to the tax dollars perhaps I should not have said "legally they should not be allowed", but legally there is absolutely nothing wrong with what the school decided. End of story, first page, fourth post. I don't know why it needed to be the fourth and not the second but that is another issue.

Again the things you posted about every governmental program or desicion is again not the point. Just because I have a difference in opinion doesn't mean that the government shouldn't do something. This is where we differ and where you are wrong. Being a homosexual is not a difference in opinion or a alternate choice it is the way some people are. That lack of understanding is why the BSA is morally wrong, why you posted this thread, and why after your question was answered sufficiently the debate on homosexuality has continued.

All that being said...the BSA had the right to make the desicion they made as did the school. Yet, we continue, I'm sure.

Edited by lindyhopper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic