GreaseSpot Cafe

Allergy Book

Dilva

I was posting on the Psoriasis thread and decided to post here to expand on that discussion. BTW, my skin condition cleared up when I quit all grains---although you'd be amazed at how many food items they are in. Also, I don't eat any grain fed chicken, beef, or farmed fish either [hidden grain].

Anyway, Dr Chris Reading is an Australian physician. His book "Your Family Tree Connection" and it's update with a slightly different name [available on Amazon], details an amazing way to practice medicine that is truly holistic.

People come in with symptoms; if in pain, he'll give meds for comfort. Next he has you take home a family tree profile to fill in regarding medical conditions. When you bring it back, he starts mapping markers for diseases in your family that may link to you. Then he sends you for allergy tests [generic and specific] to pinpoint sensitivities.

The first mode of treatment is to remove all irritants causing your sensitivities. At that point, most of the symptoms drop off. His attitude is that for many "acquired" diseases, it is very possible to get at the root cause and therefore not have to use a lifelong regimen of drugs with side effects.

He's been doing this since the 1980's with very high success. Keep in mind, this is Australia where drug companies are not a monopoly.

I like a kinder gentler approach that is effective too!

quote:
I quit all grains---although you'd be amazed at how many food items they are in. Also, I don't eat any grain fed chicken, beef, or farmed fish either [hidden grain].

Wow. It sounds a little inconvenient and inexpensive (although treatment for auto-immune diseases can be costly too). What do the animals eat then? (alfalfa?) How do you find non-grain fed animals?

Does this book have a lot of information on how grains contribute to auto-immune diseases? I'd like to read it if it does.