GreaseSpot Cafe

Helping someone-HELP!

Psalm 71 one

My neighbor just met a family who evacuated--from where, I don't know. She used their cellphone to call us and introduce us on the spot because she knew we'd help them! (and we will, in whatever way we can, but that really WAS an awkward way for her to do that-I have mixed emotions-- my heart goes out to them, yet I'm a bit annoyed at how my neighbor set this up--sorry, just dumping) I spoke with the woman for a few minutes, and I got some info from them-- names, phone numbers, how many kids.

Asked her what their biggest need was. Housing. (they are staying with family, but from the tone of her voice, it doesn't sound like the best arrangement. They have enrolled their children in a school near where they are staying--which I thought she said was "Artsdale". When I did a google search, I couldn't find it. I looked up the school she said they are enrolled in--AH! That is in "Austell". I don't know the area real well yet-- maybe Herbie or Garth or someone could email or pt me and tell me more.

Anyway, they looked at local apartments, and nobody is giving a break to the evacuees. The biggest reason they are being turned down is the fact that neither she or her hubby have a job yet.

I'm wanting to look around for her, but I really don't know where to start. I will be doing a search on google after I post this, but am not exactly sure what keywords to use! I'll be online for about a half hour and then I have some errands to run, but will check in to see if anyone has any ideas this afternoon.

Psalmie,

Looks like they are going to have to get a job first while toughing it out with those who they are staying with right now, as apartments are usually strict with who they allow in; make sure the tenent has a job, that sort of thing. As getting a 'bad tenent' out is more difficult than keeping one from getting in.

Wish I could give you more info. icon_frown.gif:(--> Hope they get a good break soon.

Thank you garth and Penguin.

I did a google search and found some places willing to put people up for about two months--a couple were apartments or guest homes, but most were offering that people could stay with them. I sent my contact info about this family, and one person has called back.

Now I need this lady to call me back! (I am only getting her voicemail)

Psalmy,

Are you in the Atlanta area now? Give me a call or email me if you are and let's get together! I've been out of the loop for a while and didn't catch that you came down here.

As for this woman, I am on the Austell side of Atlanta, but still over an hour away from this woman and her family. Another thing, I just sold my house and have room for only one person in the extra bedroom and I was thinking of getting another nurse from my agency who was flooded out in New Orleans.

And yes, that was icky of that woman to set you up that way. Spank her!

hugs,

Robes

robi2777@yahoo.com