GreaseSpot Cafe

Limewire intro inquiry

Juan Cruz

I downloaded the software. So, now, where's the membership offers? I can't download for free can I? I mean I know I CAN (and that everyone does). But I thought there were 'lifetime membership' deals to download as much music as I wanted legally. No sign of fees! Wa's up? Inquiring minds want to know.

Limewire is free. You shouldn't have to pay for it or the sharing service.

The problem is that scammers have learned that they can "sell" free software if they can get a higher google rating than the home site of the software.

One way to always get the free software for free is to use the search engine at

Sourceforge. Virtually all free programs are archived there in both binary and source.

Here's a link to sites hosting the most recent stable version of Limewire for Windows. Just click download on the site closest to you.

quote:
but does Limewire provide (not only the software means to do it but also) a 'permit' so-to-speak, to legally download music without infringing on copyrights?

No. Limewire does not give you any sort of license to download music for free. It just gives you the means to download stuff other people are sharing and to share what you have.

There is no free lunch. If you want to download music legally, you need to use something like i-tunes or yahoo music.