GreaseSpot Cafe

critique of wierwille (donald dick's master thesis )

Excathedra,

Nice to see you again.

I saw that paper for the first time several years ago. It was interesting; don't know that I agree with all of its conclusions, but its worthy of consideration.

Keep in mind that the author was writing this for a Masters degree in theology from a college affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. That will color all the conclusions he reaches. Had the person who wrote the paper been completing requirements in a Masters in Theology from Catholic University of America or Liberty University (Jerry Falwell's college), he would have likely come up with different conclusions. I'm not saying that accusing him of an integrity violation, its just that his classes and outlook would naturally cause him to form different conclusions from each of the three religious colleges mentioned.

FWIW

So I would keep that in mind as reading the document. Read it with a critical eye.

mwah, e!

good to see you

icon_cool.gif

interesting find

i only skimmed it, yawned and giggled once or twice

i'll probably read thru it a bit once or twice more

but overall, i think Mark's "keep in mind" is a spot on

and to add, so i think it also helps anyone see what a student of the Evangelical churchamacallit thinks

most specifically folks already fluent in twi mumbo jumbo and history

as a way to better see inside this other church's doctrinal "head," if you will

which, in a sense, makes it interesting, valuable, educational, all that jazz...