GreaseSpot Cafe

EVACUATION TIPS

Belle

This is from last year, but I still think it's funny. When Ivan was coming through a bunch of LA residents evacuated to Jackson, MS and the surrounding areas. Some you may not get unless you're from either state.

1. Tailgating in the hotel parking lot is prohibited before 7 a.m.

2. Convenience store clerks in Mississippi are not elected officals, and as such, there is no need to offer them a bribe.

3. There must be one person over the age of 16 in any group that spontanuously breaks into a Go to Hell Ole Miss cheer.

4. You can look in that ditch all you want, their ain't no crawfish in there.

5. When driving on the interstate, its perfectly acceptable to continue driving 45 mph in the left lane; however, feel free to drive over in that other lane as well.

6. If you run into Mr. Herbert, here its pronounced her-bert, not hay-bear.

7. The Saints look just as bad on TV as they do in the Dome.

8. And speaking of the Dome, the Coliseum may not be as big, but at least it will be paid off prior to 2285.

9. You can talk all you want, no way is the murder rate in Jackson higher than New Orleans.

10. There are no Zydeco Bars in Winona.

11. There is no truth to the rumor there is actually another "Manning" son being hidden in the delta.

12. Just because we don't have 4 or more vowels in out last name, one of which is an X, doesn't make us bad people.

13. Thats the reservoir, not a bayou, and no, I've never heard of anyone catching shrimp there.

14. There is too a place called Atlanta, Louisiana!

15. .....and, I don't care if Billy Cannon's picture is on it, we don't take $100 bills!