GreaseSpot Cafe

DSICBD part 3

herbiejuan

Ahh yes the growers school. I have partnered with several local state and regional npo's and government groups to develop a growers school for sustainable agriculture. It is not so much a school at this point as a grant proposal but we should know something by March. It's focus is to give interested growers a good understanding of sustainble and organic practices like cover crops, composting, tractor selection and maintenance, free range chickens, goats and processing. GO has developed the curriculum UGA is providing oversight and the course work itself will be taught by experienced farmers with an emphasis on hands on field work. The farmers have public speaking skills, having hosted several large farm tours last year so we expect good things. A CD and sillybus will accompany the course. I've thought about naming it Power for Abundant Growing or maybe The Way of Abundant Vegetables but I think I like the Growers School name better.

Edited by herbiejuan