GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI & Holocaust Teachings

Belle

During and right after the Gulf War, Iraq wasn't near developing WMD's & nuclear, so the U.S. didn't need to invade at that time.

But remember the Patriots and the Skuds? And remember some Skuds hitting Israel? Had those skuds been WMD's, the U.S. would have invaded way before 1991 under the same concept ... to protect Israel.

Once Iraq developed WMD's, the gravest threat was to Israel and who doubts Saddam would have used them based upon his previous use of the skuds hitting Israel.

During and right after the Gulf War, Iraq wasn't near developing WMD's & nuclear, so the U.S. didn't need to invade at that time.

Then that article link you posted is totally bogus.

But remember the Patriots and the Skuds? And remember some Skuds hitting Israel? Had those skuds been WMD's, the U.S. would have invaded way before 1991 under the same concept ... to protect Israel.

Invaded way before 1991??? How would you know that? Let's see what happened before 1991, Iraq was embroiled in a war with Iraq. The US was supporting Iraq. Then, a couple of years later after that war is over, Iraq invaded Kuwait. What did the US did? Certainly not planning on invading Iraq.

Once Iraq developed WMD's, the gravest threat was to Israel and who doubts Saddam would have used them based upon his previous use of the skuds hitting Israel.

Have the WMDs been found yet?

All that talk about invading Iraq to protect Israel or other countries in the region is nothing but a mask to the real reason: oil.

Then that article link you posted is totally bogus.
The article link I posted is talking about the current invasion, not the Gulf War, which was not U.S. invasion of Iraq, but a military action to get Iraq troops out of Kuwait.
Invaded way before 1991??? How would you know that?

I don't "know" it, but I believe it is a strong possibility based upon the ongoing U.S. tradition of protecting Israeli interests.

Have the WMDs been found yet?
Evidence indicates they were there at one time, but Saddam moved/destroyed them, but then led U.S. and others to believe they were still there.

Had the U.S. / Bush believed that Saddam not had the weapons, I don't think Bush would have ordered the invasion.

All that talk about invading Iraq to protect Israel or other countries in the region is nothing but a mask to the real reason: oil.

I do believe a large part of the Gulf War was about oil, but I believe it had a dual purpose too in protecting Israel. Who were firing the Patriot Missiles at the Skuds?

With respect to the current invasion, the fact that Mr. Zelikow was there consulting with the administration with folks making decisions on these things, and even willing to speak up about it which is so rare, should open some eyes.

Edited by oldiesman

The article link I posted is talking about the current invasion, not the Gulf War, which was not U.S. invasion of Iraq, but a military action to get Iraq troops out of Kuwait.

Then why are you even mentioning about the first Gulf War with the example of the Scud missiles?

Were Scud missiles sent to Israel this time around?

I don't "know" it, but I believe it is a strong possibility based upon the ongoing U.S. tradition of protecting Israeli interests.

Evidence indicates they were there at one time, but Saddam moved/destroyed them, but then led U.S. and others to believe they were still there.

Why these evidences has not been shown a lot more? and Why several months later, it was revealed that the intelligence that gathered these evidences was faulty?

Had the U.S. / Bush believed that Saddam not had the weapons, I don't think Bush would have ordered the invasion.

NO... This warmonger wanted to find any excuse to invade Iraq and after 9/11, he and Cheney wanted and insisted that Iraq was involved in it.

I do believe a large part of the Gulf War was about oil, but I believe it had a dual purpose too in protecting Israel. Who were firing the Patriot Missiles at the Skuds?

Now you're confusing the first Gulf War with the Second Gulf War (the invasion). BTW, if someone fires missiles at you, what will you do? So, Israel is not justified in firing Patriot Missiles at the Scuds directed at it? Is that what you're trying to say?

With respect to the current invasion, the fact that Mr. Zelikow was there consulting with the administration with folks making decisions on these things, and even willing to speak up about it which is so rare, should open some eyes.

Well... who is Mr. Zelikow? and put a link related to him.

Edited by FreeFromCults