GreaseSpot Cafe

Irfanview -- image application

markomalley

• 3 weeks later...

I like a program called Thumbs Plus.

It allows you to batch rename digital photos.

What's really cool is it allow you to batch RESIZE digital images.

Photo maintenace is a lot of work to do manually.

Some of these programs will do tasks to huge groups of pohots at the same time. For example, resize the entire batch to 640 x 480.

Additionally it has Adobe Photoshot type photo enhancement features.

Mark,

I missed this post of yours until Igotout's post brought it up to the top. I'm here to second what you said and then some. I use Irfanview ALL the time for dealing with the clipboard.

You see something on your computer screen you want to save? A picture perhaps? Well Irfanview is the program for you folks. Hit the PrtScrn button on your keyboard (usually beside the F12 key) and that goes to your Windows clipboard... open your Clipboard (usually located in Accessories) and save it as a Clip (*.CLP) file. Now, open THAT file with Irfan view and you can save it as your usual 'ole JPG for editing.. just lookie at what I did with Mark O'Malley...

mark.jpg

And Mark... didja' know you can even convert a JPG to an icon (ICO) file you can use for any program?? Here's your St. Kolbe as an icon file.. Click HERE! and tell me what you think!!

sudo