GreaseSpot Cafe

For Singles Only !

Cowgirl

Online dating can be fun and I enjoy the flirting and banter. I haven't been back online in a while (just working on me), but I will try it when I'm ready again.

FYI - If you're going to "play the field", you set the "friend" boundaries, but you by no means share any information about your plans, activities or anything else with the other men. It's sort of like rubbing it in their face, challenging them to one up the other guys, instigating jealousy or seen as just plain rude.

There's a website where people ask others relationship and dating type questions. I've found it to be very useful at times and met some great friends (male and female) on there: Answerology

Mark.....................I've been on Lava and Yahoo (the canadian side) and between those two, I prefer the Lava site. Which ones have you been on?

PS........Thanks to everyone who contributed on this thread, I appreciate it!! :)

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

I have not heard of Lava. I have not tried Yahoo, but think that might be a good one. I have used AOL Christian Singles and had by far the most success with that one. To bad they discontinued it. I used E-Harmony for a while which puts you through a maze of questions with expected answers like they are the great psychologists. I would never use that one again. Too much hype for me. I used another Christian one for a while, but forgot the name. Now I have used Match.com for a while. I only pay $8.25 per month, but have had virtually no success with it. In fact, recently I got an unsoliticed e-mail from one of the female members who complained that I did not list my income. Someone I would call a very arrogant gold digger. She wrote me completely unsolicited and said,

Just to let you know:

While you are rationalizing " I don't want a women whose most interested in how much money I make."

It is absolutely a factor. Especially at your age. No woman of any self esteem is going to "wing it" on the income question.

If you haven't made substantial savings by now...no way am I even interested.

Stop living in denial-fairy land.

I am a nice guy, but I don't put up with much B.S. and especially don't put up with arrogant people. So I wrote her back and told her.
Looking for a divorce settlement already? With someone like you it would be with a prenuptial only. And now who is living in a fantasy world?

And if you had any sense at all you would not e-mail me again until you have grown in the area you lack the most. Humility.

I mean this person does not know me from Adam. My last girl friend I bailed out of debt between giving her money and giving her advise as to how to deal with creditors. And then I get an e-mail from a smart A$$ who probably thinks she is God's gift to the corporate/political world. It is a good thing she had enough sense at least to not write me back. Or maybe it was a good thing that she wrote me instead of someone else who may have cowtailed to her arrogancy.

Anyway I have done Match.com for a while. I am not impressed, but then maybe it is just where I live. People feel a lot of financial pressure here, because it is very expensive to live here in Northern California. Especially in my county. The housing prices have gone through the roof in the last couple of years and they are so high now that 90% of the people who own houses here could not afford to buy them now. They would not be able to even qualify for the necessary loans due to the high income needed to buy them.

Anyway Yahoo Personals sounds good for you also, but then maybe Lava is good too. I just never heard of that one. I went to a singles event at an Oakland Athletics baseball game last year that Yahoo Singles sponsored. I had a blast. Loved every minute of it. Real nice people too. So Cowgirl are you in Eastern or Western Canada?

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Mark, I'm in the east, right above Ohio and a swim across Lake Erie, Southern Ontario to be exact !

The reason I prefer Lava over Yahoo is there seems to be alot more action, lots more contacts, also there's three categories, dating, relationship and intimate. So you can chose what category to put your profile in.

So I have definitely been having fun with it !!

Cowgirl

Never tried Lava, I got the most response from Match.com. I never did very well with Christian sites. I must not give off enough "Christian" vibe. I think the first one I tried was Matchmaker.com. I don't know if it's even around anymore, but you could go to different sub-categories based on things like geography, different religions, sexual preference, etc. It was interesting.

Well, Jonny if I knew how to play one I would. Gotta please the ladies you know. Growing up I was into sports and school and had no time for a musical instrument. But then I was hoping our friend Cowgirl might get used to my off key singing. But thanks for the thought Jonny. Besides you being a married man on a "For Singles Only" thread tells me someone might need to keep you on the straight and narrow. Hey does Mrs. Lingo ever read Grease Spot Cafe?