GreaseSpot Cafe

From Israel

Linda Z

Someone put me on Michael Rood’s mailing list for his newsletter. This one includes Michael’s first-hand report on what it’s like in Israel:

A blaze-orange haze fills the Sea of Galilee valley to the south and a heavy gray cloud obscures our view of upper Tiberias to the north as the sun casts its setting hues across the face of Golan Heights. The peculiar sight at first appeared to be a “Hamseen,” a hot desert wind that occasionally blows in a sweltering cloud of dust from the plain of Shinar. This time, however, the wind was coming from the west, bringing the smoke of flaming buildings and fields from Nazareth and Tiberias.

We seem a bit removed from the path of the smoke and from the ongoing terror experienced by those who have been huddled for a week into community bunkers on the deepening front line of the Hizbaal(zebub) missile line, but the random strikes along our travel routes still carry an edge of uneasiness, even after a week of wartime acclimatization. Knowing that we have a full seven seconds from when the air raid sirens blare until incoming rockets strike provides a cushion of comfort that is only interrupted by the regular thud of missiles striking long before the sirens intone.

I already mentioned Michael in the Prayer Forum, but I thought some of you might like to hear what he had to say about being in the war zone, so I figured this was the best place to post this.

Please do me a favor and refrain from turning it into a political debate.

Someone put me on Michael Rood’s mailing list for his newsletter. This one includes Michael’s first-hand report on what it’s like in Israel:

I already mentioned Michael in the Prayer Forum, but I thought some of you might like to hear what he had to say about being in the war zone, so I figured this was the best place to post this.

Please do me a favor and refrain from turning it into a political debate.

The probabilty of being hit is very low, but I guess terror is what terror weapons are all about. There is a lot of stress being in the war zone (is that the war on radical islam?). Of course spreading the stories of the terror weapons amplifies their effect, so this thread is already political it would seem.

What is Michael doing in the war zone anyway? Since he mentioned "Hizbaal(zebub)" he seems to have a good sense of humor still, and I'd guess is in favor of clearing out some of Hizbaal(zebub) before declaring a cease fire?

Michael is a Messianic Christian (if I understand correctly...someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) who travels around teaching about stuff that I don't understand. :confused:

If you want I can scan the newsletter and send it to you. I usually toss them, but this one just came. No disrespect to Michael, but his approach isn't my cuppa tea.

Or here's a link to his Web site if you want to know what he's up to these days:

http://www.michaelrood.com/

If you scroll down to the bottom page, where the catalog is, he's the one on the catalog, with the big beard.

Rhino, yes, he was 7th Corps. I wasn't around for his 12-min test because I was at Rome City, but he'd been in the Marines so I wouldn't be surprised if he ran it in combat boots. He was quite military back then, and looked a lot different. He and his ex were my TCs for a block, and we used to have to go out before dawn and hoist the flag before going running.

JL, the whole Messianic thing is kinda foreign to me, but there are other ex-Corps people into it. One used to post here but hasn't lately, VK of the 7th, from Vegas. Maybe she'll pop in and give us a synopsis.