GreaseSpot Cafe

Name tags and clery robes

RumRunner

My kids recently bought me a copy of "Good Omens", Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, ISBN 0-441-00325-7, © 1990. It is a most hilarious, sardonic and comical write up of Armegeddon - written in almost the precise style of "Hitchiker's Gyide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams; repleat with character names like "Crowley (An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) and Sister Mary Loquacious (A Satanic Nun of the Chattering Order of St. Beryl).

As I read the following excerpt of a paragraph I started LOl in real life thinking of name tags and clergy robes:

"Most of the memberes of the convent were old fashioned Satanists, like their parents and grand-parents before them. Theyd been brought up to it and weren't, when you got right down to it, particularly evil. Human beings mostly aren't. They just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitar at people. Offer people a new cread with a costume and their hearts and minds will follow."