GreaseSpot Cafe

Photo in Profile - How?

waterbuffalo

Okay, first post the photo in the "So you want to be in pictures" forum.

Then right-click on that pic, then click "Properties", then copy the URL for that pic, either copy and paste it to a text editor (Notepad, Word, etc) or just copy it, or write it down.

Then go into "My Space", "Profile", "Edit your avatar", "Custom avatar" button, then paste or type that URL into the "Use Custom URL:" text box, click "preview" to preview it, click "select this one", then close that box, then click "submit".

quote:
Originally posted by waterbuffalo:

STEVE,

quote:
I'm learning how to do quotes too. LOL!

WB

"[if] there were none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach for anything better." Florence Nightingale

NOW try quoting what someone else wrote!

It's easy - down in the lower right corner of every post, there are 2 icons. The one on the left is a folder with quotation marks on it - just click that on anyone's post, and then add your comments.

You can also edit your own posts so that you don't have to post umpteen million times to get something right - on your own posts there are THREE icons - the one in the middle is a folder with a pencil with an eraser on it. Click that on one of your own posts, and you can change what you had written before.

It's especially fun after someone has responded to what you wrote, then you change what you wrote, and the responder end's up looking like the hind end of a horse! Hilarious!

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

quote:
Originally posted by waterbuffalo:

STEVE,

quote:
I'm learning how to do quotes too. LOL!

WB

"[if] there were none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach for anything better." Florence Nightingale

NOW try quoting what someone else wrote!

It's easy - down in the lower right corner of every post, there are 2 icons. The one on the left is a folder with quotation marks on it - just click that on anyone's post, and then add your comments.

You can also edit your own posts so that you don't have to post umpteen million times to get something right - on your own posts there are THREE icons - the one in the middle is a folder with a pencil with an eraser on it. Click that on one of your own posts, and you can change what you had written before.

It's especially fun after someone has responded to what you wrote, then you change what you wrote, and the responder end's up looking like the hind end of a horse! Hilarious!

OK. THAT didn't work.

How do I just put the part that I want in quotes from someone elses post? It didn't work when I hilighted one paragraph of your post, either and then clicked on the left icon of your post.

You click the left icon, immediately to the right of "posted January 22, 04 09:03 AM", and it will put EVERYTHING from my post between the [ quote ] [ /quote ] tags.

Then you just delete what you don't want to include.

There is another way - highlight, copy and paste. Start out with a [ quote ] tag, then highlight and copy and paste from someone's post, then put the [ /quote ] tag.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

You click the left icon, immediately to the right of "posted January 22, 04 09:03 AM", and it will put EVERYTHING from my post between the [ quote ] [ /quote ] tags.

hOpe this works with deleting part of it.

THAT worked.

Now, for the c & p exercise...

quote:
There is another way - highlight, copy and paste. Start out with a [ quote ] tag, then highlight and copy and paste from someone's post, then put the [ /quote ] tag.

WOW! THAT worked too! And, I already know how to edit (duh! imagine that!)

STEVE, THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU ARE SO NICE.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

And congratulation on your upcoming marriage. How far from Indpls is the wedding?

WB

We drive that in, usually, four. I sent you a private msg.

Also, is there a way, after you've already posted, to edit what you write without the "the msg. was edited...blah, blah, blah" at the end.

Not that i'm tryin' to make anyone look like a horses's a**, but just wondered. LOL.

WB