GreaseSpot Cafe

Chicago

I took my wife to see this over the weekend. Personally, I can't help but think of the urban legend about Richard "Gerbil Man" Gere, nor the fact that he looks like a non-bald Captain Picard, but that is just one distraction.

I'm no fan of musicals, and didn't realize that this was a musical. My wife enjoyed the movie, I was just hoping it would end. I tried to put it into the perspecive of the main character being delusional and always fantasizing about music, but that didn't work too well either.

The bottom line: Women will love this movie, and guys should do what I used to do and sneak a bottle of rum into the theatre to mix with the $5 bucket of Coke.

• 3 months later...

To uphold Pmosh's theory...I LOVED this movie!!! Bought the soundtrack and play in on my laptop at work. I thought it was "fun" but attached no particular meaning to it. Was justa movie....but was a fun movie! I was laughing out loud at some of the lines!!!

K...so sue me, I'ma sucker for musicals icon_cool.gif