GreaseSpot Cafe

Five Hackers

Tom Strange

I did understand and they did good. Hackers are people who can find exploits in code and then report what was found to the company that put the program out. Then patches can be written to fix the code. Basically Hackers find the holes and the patches close the holes up.

Crackers on the other hand, are the people who find exploits and use them to cause as much havok and destruction that they possibly can. The only people they tell about a found exploit in code are other crackers. They don't want the holes closed.

I agree, especially when it came to the Rootkits. Mark did a very good job of really trying to let Sony know and was very ethical about it. Though he also has a website and webpresence integrity to maintain.

John and David could of done a better job on the ethical standpoint but the article did make good points.

The hackers I do not like are the ones that try to use thier exploits to gain a job."Hey I hacked into your website/network" hire me to protect it. Crackers are just cowards to me.