GreaseSpot Cafe

Favorite Podcasts

Belle

I got an iPod for Christmas and I love the NPR podcasts I've downloaded, but I know there's a lot more out there and it's rather overwhelming since there's so much.

Do you listen to podcasts? Which ones are your favorites?

Do you stick to iTunes for your downloads or where else to you go to get some goodies?

If you dig Celtic, Irish, Scottish music, NPR's Fiona Ritchies' show "Thistle and Shamrock" is podcasted-

Sample it HERE and subscribe if you like it!

She has a Thistlepod :) I love her show!

She's got more shows than that - I subscribe to a couple of shows like this. Do a Google on "Fiona Richie podcast" and see what you come up with.

I also like All Songs Considered, off the www.npr.org site. Certainly worth checking out!

I hear ya, Belle. I do like Fiona, I'll check it out Chas!

Christmas brought a 36 gallon aquarium to our home! After 4 years of experimenting and learning on a 10 gallon, I'm excited to get this one up and running! I've just added 4 Gold Severums and transferred in 2 healthy Silver Dollars and a Chinese Algae Eater into the new tank! Yeee hoo! I've been checking out this tropical fish podcast acrhive HERE

Great, y'know Mr. Strange is rumored to be an a-fish-ianado himself. ;) I'm working on getting decent pictures of these little guys. They're so happy! It's a good blend, 'pears. Hope he likes it! 36 gallon seems so big, but a 55 gallon is calling from distant shores, even now and in my mind's eye I can see a wall of water...don't know when or how but like all good things, it will come in it's own time!

Podcasting is still new, seems. I'm checking some jazz 'casts out myself.

Does Amazing Sea Monkey fascination make one an a-fish-ianado? :P

I did send the link to my buddy, but he corrected me.... the 55 gal tank was soooo last year. This year Santa brought him a (and I quote):

"150 gallon. 6 feet long 18 inches deep and about 2 and half feet in height mmmmmwwwwwaaaaaaaaa hahahaha. I will have my queen angel center piece yet!!"

*shuddering* Ooooohhhhhh, that's the stuff! That's the STUFF. :eusa_clap: Y'know what they say about men with big Tanks!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

ASM = a-fish-ianado in my book! Tom's got a big tank too, or two big tanks, or sumpin'.

Edited by socks