GreaseSpot Cafe

VeganXTC should LOVE this!

Sudo

Vegan,

Remember how you laughed and laughed about that "duck decoy" I posted a while back? Well, someone sent this to me in e-mail and you were the first person I thought of. I think you'll like it.

sudo (who has never been a big fan of hunting anyways)

Ha! Ha! Sudo! That was a refreshing change! LOL! Thanks so much for posting this! I'm going to pass it along to some other duck lovers I know!

I especially loved how the ducks shot around the hunters to frighten them off, not to hurt or kill.

And here I was thinking that they were just lousy marksmen!

:biglaugh:

Actually, ducks are well known for their ability to hit their targets. If you were to stand in a crowded room and yell "duck" you would see people trying to get to the floor and shielding their heads in an attempt to escape the damage of an attacking duck.

Ex-70's,

I agree. I've never understood the passion of hunters. I like to eat meat but I don't like to kill pretty animals. I don't have any problem swatting mosquitos or killing ants etc. But stalking and then killing a deer? Or waiting in a duck blind to kill ducks coming down to the decoy? I've never seen the "sport" in that and the killing is distasteful. It should be done humanely and quickly. Many times an animal is merely wounded, runs back into the woods and then takes days to die an agonizing death.

Like I said.. where's the "sport" in that? But arm them critters and now there's sport. Or go off grizzly bear hunting with just a .22 rifle. LOTS of sport there, huh? Yeah, I'd be OK with that. :biglaugh:

sudo