GreaseSpot Cafe

hypocrites

polar bear

I was reading in Matthew a couple of days ago and was amazed that chapters 5-7, which includes the severe warnings against hypocrisy, was written to Jesus' disciples that came to the mountain to hear him.

"Not everyone that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. . .Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name cast out devils? and in thy name hath done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. . . "

Too bad twi doesn't read the Gospels more. Some great stuff in there.

(I remember a guy I admired so much back in '72 who set with me somewhere on twi HQ grounds and told me to read the Gospels and showed me his Bible with the gospels all marked up like my Ephesians was. He was kicked out and I have read on Greasespot Cafe some great troubles he still has with that place.)

Hoping I am not one of those of Matthew 7:23, and so very thankful for those who showed me The Way, from God's perspective,