GreaseSpot Cafe

It's not just laundry anymore...

QuietThinker

Ok...so...

I have this really hard, stressful, ugly situation surrounding me at the moment. It's been on my mind. The laundry has not. As a direct result of this, I've been doing marathon laundry all day. The first conclusion I've reached is that we simply have too many clothes for three people, two of whom are kids. My second conclusion is that weird stuff just gets into my machine...and, yes, I'm not a super-laundry sorter.

Today, thus far, and I still have 4 more loads to do, I have found the following:

• 2 plastic zebras
  • 1 plastic wolf
  • 3 rubber snakes
  • 12 dollars in change
  • 3 pounds 35 pence, British coins
  • 1 spoon, plastic, for a baby doll
  • 1 spoon, stainless steel, for a real person
  • 2 chapsticks
  • 1 headless G.I. Joe (the small kind)
  • 3 identical yoda action figures

and...

• My own plastic, credit card sized birth certificate.

It's just me, isn't it. Yep, I knew it was.

Yours All-Tempercheeringly,

~QT

Edited by QuietThinker

Hmmmmm.....sounds like my house...

...Only my problem is that I have a drier that eats socks! I swear I put socks in by the pair into the washer, make sure that every piece is transfered into the drier -- then all is taken out of the drier to the couch to be folded (making sure that I do not leave a trail to the couch) and start folding. I usually end up with at least one if not two socks missing a match.

ARRRRGHHH! :realmad:

One of these days I am gonna go crazy and disect the drier to find them (or go on safari in my house for the sock monster!) :biglaugh:

*UPDATE - and then bed*

3 barbie shoes, 1 pink, 1 purple, 1 go-go boot.

3.73 in change

2 littlest pet shop pets

2 mangled plastic soldiers

my ring

a shoelace bit

7 bristle blocks

Can you tell I just toss the clothes in all at once?

Oh, P.S.

Duct - You're HIRED, man!

SV - it's always an adventure :)

MB - Your post indicates you do laundry. No wonder your lovely wife keeps you around ;). If that were my situation, I'd keep you too! hehe....and, all my socks always sort out in the end. Never lost a sock to the sock-monster...but there's still another load to go.

Yours foldingly,

QT

Michael B

Your washer and dryer do not eat socks, Opra told women years ago to steal them to keep us guys guessing..

copenhagen

Ya know, I shoulda known that! Hey ...maybe I'll start doing the same thing...umm, lets see? Undies or bra's -- wonder which one I would get in the least amount of trouble for.... :biglaugh:

Ya know, I shoulda known that! Hey ...maybe I'll start doing the same thing...umm, lets see? Undies or bra's -- wonder which one I would get in the least amount of trouble for.... :biglaugh:

That'd depend on the relative value of the item being pinched...of course, all the best in lingerie never hits the wash proper. ;)

My laundry is now all finished, and so is the problem that was bugging me.

I designate this a celebratory weekend!

Yours empty-basketedly,

~QT