GreaseSpot Cafe

How do I convert?

Sudo

Can any of you fellow techie nerds out there answer this for me? OK.. Everyone who's a techie hold up their right hand.. NO! The other right hand.

I got sent this e-mail which I'm providing a link for: http://sudo2u.com/geeks.eml. It will open with Outlook or Outlook Express. My question is.. how can I take all those cool images and post them here on the Greasespot.

Come one come all... let Sudo know how its done!

sudo ( who would have been great at this sort of thing but all we had was Fortran in the 70's)

You take the images off, upload them to a server (I use imagecave.com for free hosting), and you post the URL that imagecave provides you.

I've taken them off the email for you and emailed them back to you as an attachment. You'll just need to get them on a server and the rest of it - but I know you're savvy with that stuff...

(Check your email...)

:)

Chas,

Yes, I got your e-mail and thank you! Yes, I knew I could do that pic by pic. I was hoping there would be an easier way to convert the entire EML file and do it as one file. Actually, I posted this same question in a different form a while back by asking how you could save an EML file as a web page. That way, I could just post that.

Looks like no easy way, huh? And weren't those some neat pics??

sudo

There is another way you can do it - but it would be so much trouble it probably wouldn't be worth it...

Since it's HTML based you could right mouse click on it and show source. Then copy and paste the code into FrontPage or some other HTML editing software. Mozilla has out a new HTML editing program that's really fun to work with (but then I get my kicks making spreadsheets and designing databases.)

You'd have to upload that to a server and you'd still need to have the pictures on a server just the same... So it's really more work in the long run.