GreaseSpot Cafe

Lucas Died a hero's death/Police should have shot

Dot Matrix

What happened to little Lucas breaks my heart. I can barely stand to think about it.

Vicious dogs are nothing new, although they might be on the rise. When I was little, our next-door neighbor's German Shepherd, which I was around all the time and played with often, suddenly turned on me one day when I was sitting beside him and petting him. He separated my upper lip at the corner of my mouth, all the way through. Fifty-six years later, I still have the scar. I wasn't being rough (I adored dogs even then) but was just gently petting him.

Any dog can be trained to be mean, or can be trained badly or not at all and become mean. I know the reputation pits have, but I've known some really sweet ones. It doesn't seem fair that they should all be put down, rather than being judged on a case-by-case basis, but that's the rule in some states. But once they attack or show aggression, I firmly believe they should be euthanized.

Aahhhhhhhhh poor dear Lucas and Crystal and all the others hurt by this practise of training this bred to kill!!!!

I would outlaw the bred and animals bred for fighting as in cock fits too! OMG don't even these low lifes have better things to do with their time and money.

Why could they not have at the very least stunned the Pits with stun guns!??????? Had I have been there with a gun Iwould have shot the pits! It makes me sick man's inhumanity to man and animals too!

Lucas...dear Lucas oh what hero you were to that little Girl and what a loss to that little boy...I pray that God heals your hearts!